How to remove Powered by Shopify on the footer of your website
Do you want to learn how to remove powered by Shopify on the footer of your Shopify website? You have come to the right place. All Shopify websites show this text. Shopify store owners want to remove it.
You can get rid of this text with some simple code tweaks or settings. Follow these steps to remove “Powered by Shopify” from the footer of your Shopify store?
First Method To Remove Powered By Shopify
1. Log in to your Shopify store’s admin dashboard.
2. You will see the online store under sales channels, then click online store.
3. In front of your current live theme, you will see a drop-down for action.
4. Click on the “Actions” dropdown menu and go down to edit code.
5. Go to search files, search for the “footer. Liquid” and open “Footer.Liquid” file.
6. Use Ctrl + F, you will get a search bar. Search for “ powered_by_link”.
7. You got “ powered_by_link”, delete it.
8. Hit the save button of the code editor to save your changes.
Second Method To Remove Powered By Shopify
1. Sign in to the Shopify store’s admin page.
2. Go to the online store.
3. You will see a drop-down for action in front of the current Theme.
4. Click actions and select edit languages.
5. You will see the “search translations” box, search for “powered”. You will see “Powered by Shopify”.
6. To remove the text from the footer of your website, add a single space or any other text to remove it. Scroll down and remove it from your password page as well.
7. Click Save at the top right corner.
You have removed powered by Shopify from your website successfully. If you want to change your Shopify theme in the future, you need to repeat the above steps.